How Much Sugar?

Avoid Sucralose

  • 18 Nov 2011 6:36 PM
    Message # 753930
    This is from the Dr Brownstein blog at http://drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com/.

    Sucralose is an artificial sweetener found in many low-calorie, sugar-free products. Unfortunately, it has become a staple in our food supply. It is 600x as sweet as table sugar and over three times sweeter than aspartame (i.e., NutraSweet). I would venture a guess that a product that is 600x sweeter than table sugar is not be a healthy item for the human body. 

    Sucralose contains three chlorine atoms in its structure. Heating sucralose can create a chemical reaction with the chlorine atoms where they are transformed into a toxic product.

    A recent study (Env. Sci. Techn. 2011; Aug 31.PMID:21879743) reported that water treatment plants were unable to fully remove sucralose from the finished drinking water. The researchers studied 19 U.S. water treatment plants serving more than 28 million people. The scientists reported that sucralose was found in the finished drinking water in 13 of 19 sites. What this means is that the water treatment plants were unable to remove sucralose from the end product coming out of your tap. 

    Sucralose is not a healthy product. We eat more artificial sweeteners than any other people on the face of the planet. We also have more obesity than any other people on the face of the planet. I have found it impossible for my obese patients to lose weight if they ingest artificial sweeteners. Besides the weight issues there is a whole host of adverse effects associated with artificial sweeteners including neurological and hormonal problems. 

    The research behind sucralose has been largely funded by the industry that manufactures sucralose. Industry-funded research has been shown to be biased. I do not believe sucralose is a healthy product. It is best to avoid any food item containing sucralose.
  • 20 Nov 2011 11:30 PM
    Reply # 755475 on 753930
    Deleted user
    Anaree Nelson wrote:This is from the Dr Brownstein blog at http://drdavidbrownstein.blogspot.com/.

    Sucralose is an artificial sweetener found in many low-calorie, sugar-free products. Unfortunately, it has become a staple in our food supply. It is 600x as sweet as table sugar and over three times sweeter than aspartame (i.e., NutraSweet). I would venture a guess that a product that is 600x sweeter than table sugar is not be a healthy item for the human body. 

    Sucralose contains three chlorine atoms in its structure. Heating sucralose can create a chemical reaction with the chlorine atoms where they are transformed into a toxic product.

    A recent study (Env. Sci. Techn. 2011; Aug 31.PMID:21879743) reported that water treatment plants were unable to fully remove sucralose from the finished drinking water. The researchers studied 19 U.S. water treatment plants serving more than 28 million people. The scientists reported that sucralose was found in the finished drinking water in 13 of 19 sites. What this means is that the water treatment plants were unable to remove sucralose from the end product coming out of your tap. 

    Sucralose is not a healthy product. We eat more artificial sweeteners than any other people on the face of the planet. We also have more obesity than any other people on the face of the planet. I have found it impossible for my obese patients to lose weight if they ingest artificial sweeteners. Besides the weight issues there is a whole host of adverse effects associated with artificial sweeteners including neurological and hormonal problems. 

    The research behind sucralose has been largely funded by the industry that manufactures sucralose. Industry-funded research has been shown to be biased. I do not believe sucralose is a healthy product. It is best to avoid any food item containing sucralose.

    Eeek Anaree, Thanks for this, I have posted it on my Facebook Page, never liked artificial sweeteners myself
    cheers
    Freda
  • 21 Nov 2011 11:38 PM
    Reply # 756578 on 753930
    Wow, Anaree, I'm gob-smacked......Freda, I'm with you...eeeek indeed....

    Silver Angel

    Spread the Love, not the Nutra-Sweet!!  lol

    SMILE!!
  • 16 Jan 2012 1:15 AM
    Reply # 798502 on 753930
    Splenda is another product that uses sucrlose. If it is true about the chlorine then I would definately stay away from it. I work in the water treatment industry and apparently Chlorine can cause cancer. It is recommended to only bath in chlorinated water for no more than 45 mins max a day. Yet they put it into our water supply. Flouride is also another very toxic chemical that they force us to drink. Pure Flouride can melt your flesh in minutes if you come into contact with it so be advised, filtered water is the way to go.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software